The information below describes how the Ulster Aviation Society (UAS) manages your personal information in accordance with the law and your rights. It does not cover every situation so please read notices on forms, web pages or other points where you give us information about yourself. These will describe the specific uses we make of the information, the reasons and legal basis for holding it as well as your rights.
Information we may hold about you and why
This could include:
• in general, information you give us when you fill in forms, subscribe to our services, (for example, become a member, donate exhibits, provide sponsorship/donations, or attend events).
• when you volunteer with us, including to record that you have read our policies.
• to manage any feedback and complaints.
We may use your information in our legitimate interests to support our charitable work, or where we contact you by electronic means, with your consent, to:
• process any donations you make.
• send you information about the UAS and its work.
• help manage our communications with you by sharing it with printers who publish the monthly Air Mail and who may send communications on our behalf.
• ascertain whether you might like to support us in kind towards our charitable objectives. We may use publicly available information about you to do this (for example websites or social media). We will always contact you first to see if you are happy to receive fundraising messages.
Information we collect on the website: Including the IP address of your computer, to:
• help keep our site safe and secure.
• ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information:
• with contractors who publish our monthly printed magazine.
• where we are under a legal obligation to disclose or share your information for example to HM Customs and Excise where we have your written authority to claim from Gift Aid on donations.
Transferring information abroad
Your personal information will not be transferred, stored or processed outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
How long do we keep your information?
This will vary depending on the type of information, legal requirements or other justifications permitted by Data Protection Law. We have an Information Retention Policy which sets out retention periods. In some cases, we may keep information for a longer period for safeguarding reasons where we believe there is a potential risk to individuals. We keep information about some UAS members and officers for historical and research purposes, but this does not include addresses, or contact details.
Does the law allow this?
Data Protection law including the General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation sets out the principles we must adhere to, and other conditions which must be satisfied. Forms, webpages or other places where you submit information will describe how its use complies with the law. If you have any queries, please contact the Compliance Officer.
You have the right to:
• ask us not to process your personal information for fundraising or our marketing of the UAS. If you wish to do this, please contact the Compliance Officer or Membership Secretary
• see copies of information held about you. Please send your request in writing to the Compliance Officer or Membership Secretary together with two forms of ID. We will respond as soon as possible and not longer than one month from receipt.
• ask us to amend, update or delete your information in some circumstances or withdraw consent to our processing of your information for purposes by contacting the Compliance Officer or Membership Secretary
If you are unhappy with the way we are managing your personal information, please contact the Chairman or Membership Secretary. If you are still unhappy you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Who to Contact?
For queries about this privacy statement or any other data protection issues, please contact the Compliance Officer via email@example.com or post to:
Ulster Aviation Society, via Gate 3, Maze Long Kesh, 94 Halftown Road, LISBURN, Co. Antrim, BT27 5RF
For membership enquiries contact: Membership@ulsteraviationsociety.org
or post to: Membership Secretary, Ulster Aviation Society, via Gate 3, Maze Long Kesh, 94 Halftown Road, LISBURN, Co. Antrim, BT27 5RF
For fundraising queries, contact Treasurer@ulsteraviationsociety.org
or post to: Treasurer, Ulster Aviation Society, via Gate 3, Maze Long Kesh, 94 Halftown Road, LISBURN, Co. Antrim, BT27 5RF
Information Commissioner’s Office (NI)
14 Cromac Place
Belfast, BT7 2JB
Who are the Ulster Aviation Society?
The Ulster Aviation Society is a small registered charity with a diverse group of aviation enthusiasts, working on a voluntary basis to further public education in the history of aviation. Our heritage collection currently includes 52 aircraft and vehicles, ranging from vintage Second World War fighters through Cold War era fast jets, civilian aircraft and rare reference materials, all with a strong link to aviation within the island of Ireland.
Next Review date: January 2024