TV FILMING LOCATION and Aviation Photography destination within Ireland
The Ulster Aviation Society' hangars and heritage aircraft collection, located within their aviation compound at Maze Long Kesh in Lisburn, Northern Ireland has been a frequent TV filming location and backdrop for numerous TV series, documentaries and productions and can offer the sort of versatility and flexibility that Film Production Companies are looking for and we have been much in demand as a location for many years.
From BBC documentaries, childrens' sci-fi drama series, to a punk rock music video, the two UAS hangars have a rich, authentic heritage that have provided the creative inspiration and opportunity for amazing visuals, cinematography, texture and atmosphere during each production.
BBC “The Great Flying Challenge”
"THE GREAT FLYING CHALLENGE" — 3-part BBC Series, hosted by Dick Strawbridge (5th Sept 2016), which built the Ferguson Flyer 1911 Replica, later donated to the UAS by the BBC.
Great British Railway Journeys
Season 10, Episode 6, BBC2
Michael Portillo filmed at the Ulster Aviation Society during Season 10 Ep.6 (Newry to Portadown) of “GREAT BRITISH RAILWAY JOURNEYS”. 11th Feb 2019, BBC2, 6.30pm, and was available on BBC iPlayer
BBC WEATHER WORLD,
Sarah Keith-Lucas talking to ex-Chairman / Tour Guide Co-Ordinator of the UAS, Ernie Cromie during set-up for filming for BBC "WEATHER WORLD", a Documentary on weather reconnaissance presented by Sarah and filmed with the Shorts Sherpa Jet SB.4 (17th April, 2017) for BBC News Channel.
Previous Television productions which have filmed at the Ulster Aviation Society include:
• BBC "GREAT BRITISH RAILWAY JOURNEYS" — Season 10, Episode 6 (Newry to Portadown).
Presented by Michael Portillo (11th Feb, 2019) for BBC2
• BBC "WEATHER WORLD" — Documentary on weather reconnasissance presented by Sarah Keith-Lucas, and filmed with the Shorts Sherpa Jet SB.4 (17th April, 2017) for BBC News Channel
• BBC "MONKMAN & SEAGULL'S GENIUS GUIDE TO BRITAIN" — Season 1, Episode 3 (Northern Ireland).
Promo Trailer (25th Sept, 2019) for BBC2
• NVTV — Short documentary about the Ulster Aviation Society
• "ASIAN AIR SAFARI" — Season 9, Ireland I + II. Phillippines TV Show hosted by Capt Joy Roa (July 2014)
If you are interested in using the UAS hangars or compound as an Aviation Filming Location, please contact us for further information.