It is impossible here to describe every aspect of the work done at Langford Lodge, what follows being a brief summary of only some aspects. Gradually, the Depot came to specialise in experimental engineering but on the basis of records compiled by LOC for the period November 1942 until April 1944, work of a reassembly, modification, repair, major overhaul or salvage nature was also completed on at least 3,300 aircraft while a further 11,000 were line-serviced. Up to January 1944, 555 aircraft engines were virtually rebuilt, largely Pratt & Whitney, Wright and Allisons and a small number of Continentals. 274,000 spark plugs were refurbished between July 1943 and April 1944 while in the same period 11,500 propellers were cleaned, adjusted and reassembled or subjected to further overhaul. The base was at its busiest during summer 1943, in fact it was unable to handle the flow of aircraft arriving from the USA due to insufficient hangar capacity, hardstanding areas and shortage of personnel, which resulted in Greencastle [AAF Stn 237] being taken over as a satellite depot. From 1944 until the end of the war, salvage of both 8th and 9th AF war weary aircraft became an increasingly feverish aspect of work at both stations.